These programs are designed to give dads the resources to help them discover the tools and strategies to be the kind of fathers their children and family need them to be.
Dads-to-be come in for an educational and thought-provoking 1-on-1 program that uses Earn While You Learn program from Heritage Homes and videos on practical childcare and child development. You can earn free gifts, learn practical information, and get 1-on-1 coaching while preparing for one of the most exciting times of your life! Call 334.793.0002 for more information, or get in touch with us through our Contact Page.
BOOT CAMP FOR NEW DADS
Boot Camp for New Dads® (aka Daddy Boot Camp®) is a unique father-to-father, community-based workshop that inspires and equips men of different economic levels, ages and cultures to become confidently engaged with their infants, support their mates, and personally navigate their transformation into dads. It is a hands-on experience with live babies as workshop stars!
So you think she might be pregnant? Here is some quick advice that may be of benefit to you:
The Do’s and Don’ts
- Listen. The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to think about.
- Stay calm. She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, that baby needs you too.
- Talk about it. Not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- Gather all the facts. Get all the information and seek wise counsel so you can make the best decision for both of you.
- Express yourself honestly. It's normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But make sure she knows she is not alone.
- Don't bail. The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
- Don't pressure her. Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
- Don't forget. You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts.